21 Questions with Kenneth 'Ichiro' Calder. (it'll be split up again because no one likes walls of text)

 Thanks to Writing Prompt once again for inadvertently helping me out with necessary character development so I can work on my antagonists.


I'll be running this in an interview style, which means I'll be making up a person to facilitate the questions a la 20/20.

"Good evening, America. This...is 20/20. I'm Margaret Landau and today I will be talking with a rather controversial figure. He has risen to notoriety in the legalized assassination cabal known as the Corporation. This man was part of one of the most feared duos by way of his younger brother who remained in the United Kingdom. He now carves out his own path as the leader of the Japanese Assassination Squad. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Kenneth Calder.

Kenneth, thank you for joining us today."

Kenneth: Thank you for interviewing me. But I would prefer to be called Ichiro.

*pause*

Margaret: My apologies, Ichiro. Let us get started then.

1. What is your greatest physical attribute?

Ichiro: Physical attribute, huh. Guess we're starting off with the ground work. I think my intellect would count. I know you said physical, but we can nitpick about what would be physical and metaphysical here, but yeah. My intellect and if we absolutely have to go with physicality? My reflexes. They are super helpful in my line of work.

2. What do you hate about yourself?

Ichiro: Oooh. That was a switch. What do I hate about me..? A lot of things, if we're being honest. But lately, I hate how I left things when I defected to Japan. I mean, f*** my brother. To hell with that. However, I miss my parents. Could've handled a lot of s*** better, but yeah. Not the best way to just ditch. But it would've been better if they just gave me the team leadership instead of Gareth.  

3. What is your darkest childhood memory?

Ichiro: *long pause* 
Margaret: Are you...
Ichiro: I'm alright, Margaret. Just pondering what would be a good answer here. Well, good being a relative term. Let's see...there was the time when I was literally jumped into my regiment over at RAF Lakenheath.

Margaret: I said childhood, though...

Ichiro: And I am responding in kind here. We are a proud military family so that means our training starts early. I mean like early teens. One of the commanding officers knew whose kid I was and made it a point to ensure that I wouldn't have anything in the way of 'special treatment.' So that meant a 5' 2" kid was cleared to run a veritable training gauntlet against grown servicemen. Close quarter combat, quarterstaff training, you name it. Damn near every inch of my body was an unattractive shade of puce. "Builds character", he said. "Lets you know that life isn't remotely fair," he said. 

*silent for a moment*

Ichiro: Next question, please. 

7. How did you lose your virginity?

Ichiro: That...that wasn't much of a story. More of a footnote if we're being honest. A dance at secondary school in the 11th year that led to fumbling in the backseat of a second hand wreck of a car. I mean, we did care for each other; but no one is proficient at that right out of the gate. Anyone who says otherwise is a flat out liar. 

8. Did you enjoy high school?

Ichiro: Secondary school? *makes flatulent noise with his mouth* Making sure you had to have the top grades in your form, captain of this, that and the third...didn't have time to be awkward. Secondary school was surprisingly more work than living at the RAF. So no. Can't say that I did. 

9. What did you want to be when you grew up?

Ichiro: *groans and leans back, deep in thought* Oof. Kids were allowed to dream? I kid. My one dream was to become a pilot. But not an air force pilot, but a mech pilot. But sadly, technology never progressed that far. My second choice was becoming a yakuza member. At least something panned out. 

10. Have you ever lost someone?

Ichiro: *sighs deeply and looks to the left* We all have. That's sadly part of life. But I'm guessing you're wanting the non-Kantian answer to this question. Alright, fine. It happened when I was 15. A friend of mine by the name of Charlie Horthall. She wanted us to call her Charlie because Catharina was 'too much for anyone to deal with.' 

Anyway, we were playing in the common area outside. There were monkey bars, stuff like that. There was someone hovering around the edge of the park, eyes shifting the entire time. We tried to keep an eye on him while we were still playing, but we looked away for one second and that's all it took. You know how bad things seem to move in slow motion? It was fast and yet not. She was snatched up and before we both knew, we were flailing at the bastard. Both of us were trained at the RAF, but there's something weird about creep strength. It's...I don't know. We fought back...and I was the only one to survive. He knifed her in front of me. Her eyes that always shone with mischief were just dull now. After that, I don't remember much. All I know is that when I came to, the murderer was under me. Bleeding, contusions, barely conscious. First time in a while I actually was okay with the cops showing up.

*long pause on set*
Margaret: "We'll be right back after a short break with our guest, Ichiro Calder. Stay tuned."

(will continue the other 11 next!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A true story about a ridiculous human

Night Therapist

No True Allies.